Head of Estimating
Edge careers is working with an interior fit out specialist based in South of Birmingham who are looking for a Head of Estimating to manage a team of 3. This is a great opportunity as you will be given the opportunity to be an Associate Director with the company in 4 years.
Due to continual growth an opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated individual who is keen to become part of an exciting company involved in some of the most prestigious museum and heritage projects within the UK and around the world with project values ranging up to £8million.
They are looking for a highly focused individual, who has a background in estimating exhibitions and museums, interior fit out and joinery experienced in dealing with tenders from start to finish including.
The candidate will have the opportunity to be an Associate Director within 4 years.
The Role will include:
* Review all the tender documents received having a clear understanding of what is required for the tender and have the ability liaise with senior management to develop the bid strategy.
* Identify key project elements including potential risks.
* Offer guidance, support and direction to team members.
* Prepare and send out sub-contractor & supplier enquiries. Track progress and analyse on return, including terms and conditions to ensure best prices are received.
* Prepare Bills of Quantity from drawings and raise technical queries with the Client where appropriate.
* Administering the estimate documents during the tender process.
* Prepare accurate take-offs using computerised systems.
* Take ownership of the pricing document ensuring that it is accurately completed including applying final margin once agreed with senior management.
* Building up rates for work items on an analytic basis.
* Liaising with architects, designers, surveyors and clients regarding tender queries.
* Attend client meetings and post tender reviews.
* Prepare budgets and cost plans.
* Pricing joinery elements and formulating preliminaries to suit the individual enquiries.
* Thinking strategically and ‘outside the box’ to ensure best price is achieved whilst remaining compliant.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact – Fabio Barreto – at Edge Careers.