A great forward thinking Software House in Lancashire are currently looking for a Functional Test Engineer to join the team and to report into the QA Manager.
My client are going through a stage of growth with having 3 Legacy products and a new one on the way in 2019, so the role of the Test Engineer will be a busy one!
Daily role will involve:
* Drive the QA efforts on Windows client and web based products covering both manual and automation QA cycles.
* Continuously improve and refine the company’s approach to testing our software platforms and QA processes.
* Maintain and develop automation / scripting skills in line with QA best practices.
* Strong Analytical, detail focused approach.
* Proven track record in functional testing & QA
* Experience of testing WinX clients. Web-apps & RESTful APIs an advantage
* Knowledge of / interest in Testing Automation & new QA best practices.
* Good communication skills.
* QA strategy and execution of testing plans for new product versions.
* Provide QA support and evaluate bug fixes and system regression to ensure high quality releases of new application versions.
* Provide Go/NoGo on release candidates to Technical & Product Management.
* Design & document new testing approaches and exploratory findings for new features with a view to creating repeatable automated tests.